Tomorrow is Christmas day and then 7 days after it is 2014. Whoa.
Not only has 2013 gone by super fast, but I can honestly say this year was pretty great. I was a member of my state's all-state choir, which was one of the coolest experiences ever! Speaking of the arts, I got two gold metals at state solo and ensemble and was in two great productions with my school's theater. Later that school year, I went to my first prom. Even though it's really cliche, it actually was amazingly fun and I'm so excited to go again this year! In the summer, I got my first job counseling at a Christian summer camp. I could talk about this for hours, but in short, it was one of the greatest things I've done yet. I got to be apart of some very wonderful kids' lives, and I wouldn't trade that for anything!
Moving on from the accomplishments, one of the greatest parts of 2013 was becoming close to so many great people. When I think back on the year, even though there were some rough spots with friends and some people who drifted away, the number of friends I made is much greater than the amount of friends I lost. Throughout the year, I became close with quite a few people whom I can truly rely on. I found people who will have my back and will be there for anything, and that is one of the best feelings in the world.
In the past, I used to have a tendency to think back on all the things that went wrong with certain friends that I would forget to open my eyes and see just how many people actually cared for me. One day, a friend who's very close to my heart gave me the best advice I ever could have gotten, and it was this:
Look to the ones who love you, don't dwell on the ones who don't.
Re-read it and re-read it again. Stick it in your mind and don't ever lose it. I think of this little saying almost daily and it always helps me to look around and see everything I do have versus everything I don't. I have a fantastic family. I have a really cool church family. I have friends who are close and friends who are farther away that I know will always be there if I so need it.
I think 2013 was such a great year because of all I've learned. I learned that if one person leaves, I need to just get back up and find people who won't, and I can gladly say I found those people. Overall, 2013 made me a better person. I became a better friend, a better leader, and a better helper. Moving on into 2014, I'm looking forward to how this year is going to impact me, and I am so excited!
I hope your year was pretty great, and if it wasn't the best; Don't stop now! 2014 can be the best year yet, but you're the one who can makes it so fantastic! Merry Christmas to all of you, and thank you to those of you who have made an impact in my life this year. I love all of you oh so much!
P.S. A goal for this year is to try to blog weekly. Let's see if I can make it happen! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment